ONE Championship announced a stacked fight card early Monday morning for ONE: Dawn of Heroes, set for August 2nd from Manila. Ex-UFC veterans Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson and Eddie Alvarez, both making their second ONE Championship appearances, will share another card as Johnson takes on Tatsumitsu Wada and Alvarez squares up against Eduard Folayang.
Demetrious Johnson was victorious in his ONE debut, locking up a 2nd-round guillotine choke on Yuya Wakamatsu on March 31st of this year. On the same card, Eddie Alvarez fell short in his debut, getting knocked out by Timofey Nastyukhin in the very first round.
Per ONE’s website, the official fight card is as follows:
- Jonathan Haggerty vs. Rodtang Jitmuangnon (ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Championship)
- Eduard Folayang vs. Eddie Alvarez (mixed martial arts — lightweight)
- Demetrious Johnson vs. Tatsumitsu Wada (ONE Flyweight World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Danny Kingad vs. Kairat Akhmetov (ONE Flyweight World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Honorio Banario vs. Timofey Nastyukhin (ONE Lightweight World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Reece McLaren vs. Yuya Wakamatsu (mixed martial arts — flyweight)
- Leandro Issa vs. Daichi Takenaka (mixed martial arts — bantamweight)
- Ayaka Miura vs. Samara Santos (mixed martial arts — women’s strawweight)
- Neunglanlek Jitmuangnon vs. Chris Shaw (ONE Super Series Muay Thai — bantamweight)